Last Updated on
If you have a baby at home, I am sure you will appreciate the existence of a baby bottle warmer. It helps us to heat up or reheat our breastmilk so that it matches the natural temperature of milk that comes straight from your breast. Are you looking for a reliable brand? You are at a right place as I am about to present to you the top options in this Bottle Warmer for Breastmilk Review!
Do I Need a Bottle Warmer at Home?
You might need a bottle warmer at home if you always find yourself walking back and forth to the kitchen preparing drinks for your child.
With this extra gadget in hand, you will be able to save more time. There is no hassle of waiting to boil the water, heat up the baby bottle manually, and check or wonder about the temperature.
The best bottle warmer can do that on your behalf – automatically and efficiently! It can reheat your milk in just a few minutes and keep it at an ideal temperature for many hours.
Hot Steam Vs. Water Bath: Which One is the Best?
You might wonder, between the hot steam technology and water bath feature, which one offers the best result?
In my opinion, both has its pros and cons. I am listing the advantages and disadvantages here for you to consider.
Hot Steam-Based Baby Bottler Warmer
- Heats up faster than water bath
- Easy to use
- Offers quick cleaning with removable parts
- Can cause a too-high temperature
- Needs to leave the bottle for a few minutes to cool down
Water Bath-Based Baby Bottle Warmer
- Spread temperature evenly
- Heats gently and retain the quality of your breastmilk
- Safer (no overheating) as the water is only lukewarm
- Slower heating process compared to hot steam
If you are a super busy mom who needs instant reheat, you might find the hot steam practical for you.
Whereas, if you have more time and your baby is patient when waiting for his milk to be prepared, then the water-bath option might be ideal – it’s your call!
Read more: how to make breastmilk fattier
Can I just Use a Microwave to Warm My Breastmilk?
Sure, you can. But, using a microwave to reheat your breastmilk can compromise the quality of your milk. How? It can destroy all the necessary vitamins, antibodies, nutrients, and enzymes, in the milk due to overheating.
Any temperature higher than 40 degrees Celsius can damage the nutritional value of your precious breastmilk.
Plus, the heating element in a microwave is not consistent. You will find hot spots in the drinks, which might cause scalding injury to your little one!
Read more: Learn How long is breast milk good after warming?
So, How Do I Choose the Best Bottle Warmer for Breastmilk?
When it comes to choosing the best bottle warmer for breastmilk, there are certain things you need to look for in a product.
- Safe heating feature – This is the most important element to consider. The warmer should be able to provide the ideal heating temperature for your breastmilk. Ideally, it should resemble your body temperature (where the milk comes from!) at about 37 degrees Celsius.
- Compact and lightweight – A warmer is a simple gadget. Ideally, it should not be too bulky. You should easily carry it from your kitchen to the nursery or take it with you while traveling.
- Quick heating – If you are a busy mom, like many mothers out there, you will need a warmer that can do the heating quickly and efficiently. It should not take you more than 15 minutes – that 15 minutes can feel like forever for your crying, hungry baby!
- Reasonable price – Also, a warmer should be affordable. Consider one of the best bottle warmer for breastmilk in this review as they are all reasonably priced!
- Versatile and practical – The best warmer should be able to cater for many sizes or shapes of bottles. You can even find one that can warm or reheat solid food (I think this is useful as your child grows up).
Bonus Info: Additional Features that are Nice to Have!
Besides the important aspects above, I am also preparing for you some of the extra features that, I think, are quite nice to have.
- LCD panel that indicates the temperature or countdown timer
- An auto shut-off feature
- An audible alarm that tells you the milk is ready
- An ample built-in water reservoir so that you do not have to refill each time
- A removable basket or holder so that you do not have to hold the hot/warm bottle with your hands right after reheating
- Quick warming cycle. Some warmers require you to wait (up to 15 or 20 minutes) before doing another cycle.
Best Bottle Warmer for Breastmilk Review
1. Philips Avent Fast
If you have a collection of Philips Avent baby bottles, then this Philips Avent Fast Bottle Warmer is for you. It is highly compatible with all Philips bottles, food jars, and toddler cups.
I love how this warmer can make my baby’s milk ready under just 3 minutes. It uses water bath technology.
Operating this Avent Fast is also easy. Just put water, plug it into a power outlet, adjust the knob, and you will see a LED lighting that indicates it is currently functioning.
The perk of using this best bottle warmer from Philips is that the heating happens very quickly. I find it useful whenever I have a cranky baby who cannot wait to have a sip of his milk!
The only thing that I wish to have on this warmer is an auto shut-off. Without it, I (as well as other users out there) noticed that it is very to overheat the milk bottle.
- Compact and light at just 1.6 lbs
- Cheap at about $25
- Super-fast heating process
- Defrost and milk thawing options
- Can warm up plastic and glass bottles from various brands
- Easy to clean
- No auto shut-off
- No beeping sound to alert the milk is ready
- Prone to overheating
2. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe
For a big fan of Dr. Brown’s brand, choosing this next best bottle warmer for breastmilk is a no brainer. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Warmer is one of the most user-friendly warmers I have ever seen.
The features that I find to be useful for mothers with babies are the audible alarm that indicates the complete heating process.
Also, it has been designed to shut off automatically after 10 minutes. The steam heat feature also makes the heating cycle fast and consistent.
You do not have to worry about compromising the nutritional value of your breastmilk since the heat is gentle and even!
- Compatible with all Dr. Brown’s bottles
- Easy to use
- LED panel that shows countdown timer
- Flip-flop lid that reduces heat as you open the warmer
- Can reheat a couple of bottles before needing a water refill
- Quite pricey
- The ‘max’ setting can overheat the milk
- It takes time to clean and reach the base area
3. Baby Brezza Safe & Smart
Do you need something that is super sleek and premium? Here is another great bottle warmer option for you: Baby Brezza Safe and Smart! It looks like a high-end equipment that you will find in a professional chef’s kitchen!
Baby Brezza warmer comes with several adjustable modes – Steady Warm and Quick Warm. I love them!
If I need to get my baby’s milk ready fast, I can choose the Quick Warm setting. It uses steam heat to get the milk to body’s temperature in just a few minutes.
Let say my baby is sleeping and I know he is about to wake up; I can just put the bottle and set the warmer to Steady Warm.
This time, it will utilize the water bath to reheat gently, and maintain its temperature until my baby wakes up – very handy, don’t you think?
- Stylish and versatile
- Can heat a 2.5 Oz bottle under 2 minutes
- Super easy to use
- Heat up milk gently and evenly – it preserves your breastmilk well
- Comes with a defrost setting to thaw frozen milk
- Ideal for geek users who love to control things from a mobile app
- Expensive price tag
- Alarm can be too loud
- Does not suit all types of bottles
- Need to change water almost every time you use it
4. Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle and Food Warmer
Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle and Food Warmer is one of the best-selling warmers out there! It does not surprise me to see this brand has become the primary choice of many mothers out there.
Firstly, it is compact, lightweight and well-built. When you buy it, you can notice the high-quality materials. It is built to stand the test of time. Still, the price is very low at about $15!
Secondly, the ease of use is 10/10. To use it, you only need to fill in hot water into the flask to keep it hot for a long time.
Then, transfer the hot water to the other container. Insert the baby bottle and wait for a few minutes.
There is no need to push any button or plug to any power outlet. If you are traveling and always out and about, I highly recommend this Tommee Tippee warmer!
- Compact design, highly portability
- BPA and Phthalate-free plastic
- Suitable to warm up breastmilk and formula milk
- Compatible with various Tommee Tippee bottles
- It takes only a few minutes to reheat milk
- Requires extra caution when pouring hot water from flask to the container
- The plastic container can wear off after sometimes
- Tend to be leaky
5. Maxx Elite Gentle-Warm Smart Bottle Warmer
Versatility and reliability are the two aspects of Maxx Elite Gentle-Warm Smart Bottle Warmer that have made me include this warmer into this Best Bottle Warmer for Breastmilk Review!
With this warmer, you are not only able to warm up your baby bottle but also sterilize pacifiers and nipples, thanks to the bonus sterilizer basket.
I find it useful especially if I have no time to wash and clean the bottle parts separately!
Plus, I can also rely on Maxx Elite Bottle Warmer to maintain the nutrients in my breastmilk. There are two heating options I can choose, and both do not destroy my milk!
The Express Warm can reheat the milk in just 5 minutes whereas the Gentle Warm will keep the milk warm up to 4 hours.
- Can fit in many bottles from several selected brands (Comotomo, Philips, etc.)
- Gently heating the milk
- Removable parts are easy to clean
- Offers an auto shut-off feature
- Reasonable price
- The fast heating can overheat if left too long
- The beeping alarm can be too loud, especially if kept in a nursery room at night
- Uses a power point, not suitable for traveling
6. Kiinde Kozii
Kiinde Kozii is also one of my favorite baby bottle warmer. If there is one warmer I can rely on to not overheating and preserve the minerals and vitamins in my breastmilk, it has got to be this warmer!
Why? It is because this warmer comes with a patented SAFEHeat technology that has been designed to provide even and soft warming. It utilizes water bath to reheat the milk.
And, it is not just a general water bath; the water is circulating in and out of the water reservoir to control the heat in the container!
This smart design means that whenever it detects a slight increase of the temperature beyond the recommended reading (37 degrees Celsius), the water will flow back into the reservoir.
- Smart heating process
- Designed by MIT engineers!
- Meet the standard of US CDC and Dept. of Agriculture
- Easy to use; a single knob to control the temperature
- Quick heating process
- Requires extensive cleaning
- Relatively higher price tag at about $50
- No audible alarm to show the complete heating cycle
7. Nuby One-Touch 2-in-1 Electric Baby Bottle Warmer
The next best bottle warmer worthy of your consideration is Nuby One-Touch 2-in-1 Electric Baby Bottle Warmer. It is an egg-like baby bottle warmer that is very easy to use.
All you need to do is to put the baby bottle inside the holder basket, insert it in, push a single button, and voila, the milk will be warm after a few minutes.
I think one of the best capabilities of this minimalist warmer is its ability to preserve the vital nutrients of your breastmilk.
Unlike microwave or other aggressive warmers, it is also soft and gentle to your precious milk.
- Simple design
- Can sterilize pacifiers and bottle nipples
- Gentle heating process
- Compact and lightweight at 1.2 lbs
- Compatible with many regular-shaped bottles
- Affordable price at just $20
- Does not work with Tommee Tippee bottles
- Uses an electric; not ideal while traveling without a power source
8. Born Free Tru-Temp
Smart and works as expected. These are the reasons why I love this next baby bottle warmer – Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer and Cooler.
As indicated by the name, this product offers dual functionalities – to warm up frozen or cold milk and to cool down frozen and hot milk.
With it, you can expect to have the drinks for your baby ready under just 3 minutes. It comes with an automatic shut-off. So, you do not have to stand by it to turn it off to avoid overheating.
Plus, the ease of use is great. The water reservoir is big. A single refill can last for a whole day, and stand a couple of heating cycles.
As for the cooler, it is great when you need to keep your breastmilk cool at night to make the reheat process easy and quick (compared to having to freeze and defrost it).
- Even heating and ensures nutrients in milk remain intact
- Offers auto shut-off
- Automatically calculate warming time
- Convenient to warm and cool down baby drinks
- Fast heating process
- Huge and heavy
- Have extra parts to maintain
- Expensive at $45
9. Cuisinart BW-10
Cuisinart BW-10 is also one of my favorite bottle warmers. It makes use of a heated steam to warm your breast milk to feed your hungry baby.
On the front part of it, you will find a single knob to adjust the temperature. Also, the LED ring will turn on when you plug it into a power point.
You can insert baby bottles (plastic or glass) as well as baby food jars to warm them quickly in a few minutes.
One of the main reason I chose this warmer is due to easy cleaning. The hot plate is reachable, and descaling (cleaning with vinegar) is only required once a month!
- Works as expected
- Provides a jar basket for food containers
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- The temperature is lukewarm with no hot spots
- Works with various bottle brands
- Need to refill water for each warming cycle
- The water measuring cup is not accurate
- The switch is too stiff and irresponsive
Chicco NaturalFit Bottle and Baby Food Warmer
Here comes the next best bottle warmer for breastmilk – Chicco NaturalFit Bottle and Baby Food Warmer.
Just like many top warmers out there, the design of this milk and food warmer is straightforward. You can easily adjust the warming setting to either milk or solid food.
The auto shut-off will ensure no overheating on your milk. Plus, when kept in the warmer, I love how the milk will remain warm for up to 1 hour.
The next time my baby is hungry, there is no need to repeat the warming process. I just need to take it out from the container and feed it to my son instantly – easy and quick!
- Heat up milk gently
- Very easy to clean
- A single switch to control the bottle warmer
- Preserve nutrients in milk quite well
- Keep drinks warm for a long time
- Takes longer time to warm a bottle (about 10 minutes)
- Need to wait 15 minutes before using it again
- High price at $30
All the top bottle warmers above can make our job of preparing and warming up milk or baby food for our children smooth and fast.
Out of those ten options, Philips Avent Fast is the best choice for me. It meets all the necessary requirements for a baby bottle warmer.
It suits well to many types of bottles. Cleaning it is also a breeze.
Plus, it does not heat up drinks aggressively. The gentle heating ensures my breastmilk remains nutritional for my little one.
The biggest perk of using Philips Avent is that it only takes me (and my baby) 3 minutes of waiting. I am no longer experiencing angry and cranky baby with this super quick heating process.
With its excellent design and high-quality material, I can expect to use it for many years to come!