Last Updated on
If you have a kid, chances are you would have at least one stroller at home. Now, we all know that this little kid will grow up and you will eventually need to purchase one stroller after another. Trust me, by the time your son or daughter reaches four or five years old; you would end up with three to four different kinds of pushchairs! Now, this Chicco Urban Stroller Review is here to save you from this unnecessary situation. The stylish and luxurious Urban 6-in-1 Modular Stroller is the ideal, jack-of-all-trade carrier for your child!
What is A Modular Stroller?
A modular stroller is a single baby carrier that comes with different parts and compartments.
Each one suits various stages of child development. As your little one grows up, you can adjust it by replacing the bassinet into a car seat and a toddler stroller.
A modular stroller also provides adjustable inward and outward seat for your toddler with age that ranges from one to four years old.
It is so that he can look at you as you push him around while shopping or traveling when facing in. When facing outward, he can look forward and see the world in front of him!
A modular stroller can cater your needs for several long years, without you having to buy a new one each time your baby outgrows the old one.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Modular Stroller
Now, you should pay attention to the following criteria before making the big purchase (I say it is big because it typically comes with a premium price tag – hundreds of dollars!).
- The product should come with all the necessary parts such as the seat, wheels, cushions, bassinets, basket, canopy and others.
- The harness should come with cushion paddings for your son’s ultimate comfort.
- The belt should have a 5-point harness that secures the hips, thighs, and shoulders.
- The frame should be robust, rust-free, and sturdy as you will expect to use it for many years.
- Storage should be ample such as cup holders, small pocket bags for you to store your smartphones and wallets.
- The wheels should have suspension for smooth maneuvering on all types of road surfaces.
- The seat should be versatile and adjustable – front, back, up and down.
- The wheels must be soft and come with easy-to-operate brakes for safety.
- The stroller should be easy to fold and compact for storage or commute.
Chicco Urban 6-in-1 Modular Stroller
- Chico urban Stroller
- Chico urban 6-in-1 modular stroller
- Stylish, 6-in-1 modular stroller solution for your ever-changing baby
Chicco Urban 6-in-1 baby stroller is a convenient and versatile stroller that can serve the needs of newborns and big toddlers. It comes with six different modes that are very easy to convert!
With the six modes, you can change the stroller from a bassinet carrier for your baby to a travel car seat stroller as he gets a bit bigger and into a toddler stroller as he about to reach three to four years old.
This 6-in-1 stroller is the premium model under the Chicco stroller lines. It is the big sibling of another similar complete travel system called Bravo Trio.
You can choose one of the six color options. My recommendation? Try the colorful and oh-so-stylish Itty Bitty City Urban Stroller, inspired by the top designer Kate Moross.
Now, is this 6-in-1 stroller for you? Yes, if you wish to make a worthy single investment for your baby’s stroller. You can use it for many years to come, thanks to the versatility of this product as well as its durability – its built to last!
But, if you need a compact and lightweight stroller for your travels, this model might not be the best option. Even though you can disassemble it, you will end up with many parts and compartments – can be quite a hassle.
- You can feel that the cushion is well-made with strong linen and sturdy stitching
- The design is very stylish and looks supremely luxurious
- You can adjust the handles in three different positions to suit your height
- The brake of the wheels is easy to reach – with a single foot!
- The suspension of the wheels promises smooth ride for your baby and easy pushing for you
- Comes with many handy accessories that you will either receive with the purchase or you need to buy separately
- When disassembled, you must carry the wheels, frames, seats and every little thing with you, not ideal for traveling
- The canopy is not see-through, so you cannot see your baby easily when it is open
- The manufacturer should have chosen a different material for the wheels rather than using the cheap-looking plastic wheels.
The Features & Benefits of Chicco Urban Stroller
Design and Durability
With the alloy frame, well-made cushions, and high-quality components, Chicco Urban Stroller looks exclusive and excellent.
The width and height of it are average and lightweight enough to be pushed around smoothly. At about 23 lbs, it may not be the lightest multipurpose stroller on the market, but still acceptable in my opinion.
Many users have attested that this stroller can stand the test of time, thanks to the high-quality materials. They are robust and sturdy, except for the plastic wheels that can run a bit rough on paved or bumpy roads.
Adjustable Infant Carrier
One of my favorite features of this premium Chicco Urban model has got to be its baby carrier mode. It comes with a bassinet that provides a 100% flat seating arrangement for your newborn.
Compared to other strollers, you will not have to purchase the bassinet separately. As you put your child in the carrier and open the canopy, your baby will rest and sleep as you carry him around in the shopping malls or while strolling in the park.
So, how do you convert it into a bassinet? You just need to push the buttons on both sides, undo the buckles, and voila, the seat will drop into a flat position. You can then insert the padded cushion that acts as a mattress.
Versatility and Ease of Use
Another significant feature of this Chicco stroller that you can appreciate is the versatility aspect of it. Now, it does not only support your ever-growing baby but also comes with some bells and whistles.
Firstly, there is a huge storage basket at the bottom of the stroller. You can insert just about any important stuff like toys, milk bottles, diapers, books. I love how it can support up to 10 pounds of weight!
When you first receive the product, it might take some time for you to configure and assemble it. But many users have attested that after getting a hold of the process, it has become a routine for them.
Removing the wheels, frames, seat, and other parts have become a quick and smooth process.
At a premium price of about $400, you might expect that the pushing and turning of this stroller will be as smooth as silk. But, to be honest, after reading the feedbacks from the many users, I feel like the maneuvering performance could have been better.
Firstly, the fact that the wheels use plastic material make the stroller a bit wobbly, especially on an uneven surface. I prefer for it to use rubber and air-filled system as it will ensure a smoother ride!
Nevertheless, the swiveling front wheels help to provide smooth steering. It is not as stiff as it could have been. The suspensions also work well, and I appreciate that the manufacturer applies it on all four wheels.
So, it ensures that your baby is comfortable and happy in his seat. As long as your baby can sleep well in the stroller, you can’t complain too much about the rigid maneuvering, can you?
The Social Proof
To get more ideas about what other mothers think about the Chicco Urban Stroller, I have decided to scour the internet and search for their feedbacks.
The reviews seem positive so far, and most of them love the performance of this Chicco Urban model.
Take this mom from Doublethebatch.com for example. She loves how easy it is to set up the stroller (she did it alone!) when traveling with her little child. Plus, she said it is compact and fit well into her car boot.
Another mama from Glittermamawishes.com also love the features available on this model. The adjustable bumper bar, lockable wheels and colorful designs are some of her favorites!
Here’s another positive review – a mom from Mummyszone.com applauded the soft padded cushions. Her baby falls asleep quickly in the stroller. Plus, she loves the spacious storage and finds it to be highly maneuverable.
The Alternatives to Smart Baby Travel System
If you would like to know what are some of the similar modular strollers for you to consider, here are the best three choices.
Orbit Baby Travel System
- This new parent ?starter kit? includes everything you need for your new baby. Give your child the smoothest ride with our revolutionary QuadShock? suspension, and easily dock and rotate your Infant Car Seat with the patented SmartHub? ring.
- With StrongArm?, the Stroller Travel System G3 has the easiest car seat for you to install securely, and with the world?s only car seat fabrics certified clean by Oeko-Tex, this product is one of the most eco-friendly you can buy.
- Stroller Frame folded: 32.5 x 15.5 x 13in (83 x 39 x 33cm). Stroller Frame width (unfolded): 24in (61cm). Stroller Frame handlebar heights: 40-46.5in (102-117cm). Stroller Frame G3 weight: 16 lbs (7 kg).
Orbit Baby Travel System is a stroller that can change together with your baby. It allows you to switch parts by replacing the bassinet into a car seat or turning into a toddler stroller.
The best thing about this product is that you can mix and match the components as they are sold separately.
As a start, you can consider the Orbit Baby G3 Starter Kit that comes complete with the base, car seat, and cargo basket.
GB Evoq 4-in-1 Travel System
- The 4-in-1 Evoq Travel System includes the GB Asana35 Infant Car Seat with stay-in-car base that helps protects rear facing infants from 4-35 pounds and up to 32"
- Features 4 easily transformed modes of parent-facing or forward use travel depending on age, including a glide-on board that offers older children who like to walk the chance to ride when tired
- The Evoq's removable, expandable airflow canopy provides unprecedented protection from the elements while still providing superior ventilation for your child
GB Evoq 4-in-1 Travel System is another great alternative to the Urban stroller I recommended above.
You can transform the configurations of the stroller per your baby’s age. The four modes of this stroller are newborn, baby, toddler, and big kid.
It comes with a compatible car seat, inward and backward seating arrangements, adjustable handles and large storage basket. At about $380, it is slightly cheaper than the Chicco travel system.
Read more: Alternative GB Pockit Stroller Review
Quinny Moodd Stroller
- The Quinny Mood unfolds automatically, Usable forward or rear-facing, Reversible seat with one hand recline, Use from birth with a Quinny Dreami Bassinet or Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat (adapters included), Includes shopping basket, sun canopy, removable front bar and adapters for the Quinny Dreami Bassinet and Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat
Quinny is another household name in the baby stroller markets. Many celebrities love this exclusive brand, and I am sure you will like it too!
The complete travel system of Quinny Moodd Stroller is very efficient and reliable. The basic model has three wheels. You can purchase the 4-wheeler extension if you wish to have more stability.
The seating caters for newborns with its lie-flat position mode, bigger babies with its upright seat, and buggy setting for your three-year-old child and older. It is a single product that covers several ages of children!
|Orbit Baby||GB Evoq 4-in-1||Quinny Moodd|
|Car Seat Compatible||Yes (G3 Infant Car Seat Plus Base)||Yes (GB Asana35 Infant Car Seat)||Yes (Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 Infant Car Seat)|
|Facing In/Out Seating||Yes. Comes in swivel mode||Yes. Comes with four different seating modes||Yes. Available in three adjustable positions|
|Extra Features||Basket, UV canopy, head support||Headrest, basket, 5-point harness, standing board||Rain cover, basket, sun canopy|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
You can always opt to buy a cheaper and basic stroller for your baby and keep purchasing a new one as she grows up – it is your choice.
However, if you do the calculation, the price might soar way above the price of the premium stroller I recommend above.
So, why go through all the hassles? I think it is ideal for you to get the best modular stroller out there and use it for many years to come – it is economical in the long run.
Bassinet mode, baby stroller, and toddler buggy are the three different carriers that you can get in a single stroller called Chicco Urban. It is my top favorite! The seat is adjustable to several different modes that are suitable for many ages of children.
The quality of the stroller is also excellent, and the steering performance will make your stroll with your baby a fun and smooth one.
Not forget to mention, the stylish design will turn you into one of those hot and modern moms! The price? Trust me; it is a worthy, one-time investment to make.
Ready to buy it? Make your online purchase here!
Elizabeth J. Galloway
Chicco Urban Stroller
Last update on 2019-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API